As best said by our clients, Piedmont Health provides critical access to affordable, high quality health care for our community’s most vulnerable residents. As this past year’s accomplishments illustrate, Piedmont Health continues to boldly pursue opportunities to expand the good we do for those in need. In the last 12 months alone:
- Our dedicated staff provided a primary care home to more than 42,000 individuals, with many families in their fifth generation of care at Piedmont Health. Our programs aim to serve especially vulnerable populations including the homeless, refugees and migrant farmworkers.
- We opened our first dental services location in Alamance County at our Burlington Community Health Center, and were immediately inundated by appointment requests.
- We grew enrollment in Piedmont Health SeniorCare to 273 participants, giving elders and their loved ones a comprehensive, community-based alternative to institutionalization. Since opening in Burlington eight years ago, we have served approximately 500 people, allowing them to live at home instead of in a nursing home.
- We received multiple awards for the quality and cost effectiveness of services we provide, including recognition from The Joint Commission, the National Center for Quality Assurance, United Health, Optum, and the Bureau of Primary Health Care of the Health Resources Services Administration.
- We celebrated Lydia Mason, who was named CFO of the Year (Large Business Category) by the Triangle Business Journal.
We look with pride on our accomplishments, but look forward with uncertainty about what lies ahead. With substantial change in local, state and national government, and the health care sector in general, significant unknowns impact our work: the future of Medicaid in North Carolina, and the level of funding for Federally-qualified health centers and SeniorCare programs and for medical education and quality initiatives. We welcome these challenges, but know we can’t succeed without your help. Visit our donation page today: https://www.piedmonthealth.org/friends-of-piedmont/.
Please help us continue to serve. We hope you will consider us in your end-of year gift to help us ensure we are prepared for the future.
Brian Toomey, CEO Ken Reeb, Board Chair